Sunday, May 24, 2009

What on earth am I thinking?

I have already written two rather lengthy (okay…wordy) posts about why I’m starting a blog. (Something I never thought I would do). But finally I have narrowed it down to this (hate to admit it, but this came to me in church this morning. I really did listen to the sermon, but this worked into my head during the service):
Oh give thanks to the Lord, call upon His name;
Make known His deeds among the peoples.
Sing to Him, sing praises to Him;
Speak of all His wonder.
Glory in His holy name;
Let the heart of those who seek the Lord be glad.
Seek the Lord and His strength;
Seek His face continually.
Remember His wonders which He has done. (Psalm 105:1-5)

I want to “make known His deeds” among all the peoples who might read this blog (both of you!), particularly in these areas:

1. His deeds in my own heart. I am trying to walk in thankfulness and amazement at any good at all that I am able to do, knowing that anything good in me comes directly from Him.

2. His deeds in my family, knowing that every loving, or creative, or generous, or joyful thing that occurs in or through our family is directly from Him.

3. His deeds in and through our adoption. The gospel is fleshed out so clearly and beautifully through adoption, and it is only through God’s direction and help that we are able to do it, and that we have been given the incredible blessing of it. I so want to share this!

It used to bug me that blogs generally seem to present a pretty rosy view of people (you don't usually blog about your marital problems, the times when you lose your temper with your kids, etc.)But, really, those aren't the things we're supposed to focus on. So I'm going to try to fix my eyes on Him, and "blog" away about whatever He does.

So there it is. I’ve finally got the first blog post over with.

Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart
Be acceptable in Your sight,
O Lord, my ROCK and my REDEEMER.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to finally be here! I'm excited to walk along with you and vicariously live through you!

    much, much love ;)

    ReplyDelete