Monday, October 25, 2010

Orphan Sunday

November 7 will be the second annual recognition of "Orphan Sunday." (OrphanSunday.org) It's meant to draw attention, among Christians and in the Church, to the bibilical mandate to care for orphans. Jim and I will be attending the Mid-Atlantic Orphan Summit on Nov. 5th and 6th. Please pray for us that God will use that time to deepen and clarify our passion for Him, and our vision for our family. As I prepare my heart for the conference over the next several days, I'm going to post some videos made for Orphan Sunday. We are called to defend the fatherless. To visit orphans in their distress. I'm beyond thankful that God gave us the opportunity to adopt. But I also want to say that we could not have done that without many others who followed God's heart for orphans and prayed and supported us (and continue to do so) on this journey. What does caring for orphans look like for you?


Creation Groans from Christian Alliance for Orphans on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. BEAUTIFUL PICTURE OF ALL THE KIDS ON THE TOP.... HOW DID YOU DO THAT???? I want to put a picture in our header and am too stupid to know how to do it... Will you share???

    ReplyDelete