Sunday, January 24, 2010

Please pray tomorrow...

Tuesday is our court day! We are praying and hoping that our case will pass court on Tuesday, and that Yoseph and Mihret will legally be ours (at least in the eyes of the Ethiopian government). If we pass, we will be able to travel and bring the children home within 6 weeks. If we don't pass, which unfortunately is not uncommon, we will be given a new court date within 3 or 4 weeks, which of course delays our travel time by that many weeks. Because of Yoseph's health we are very much hoping not to have any further delays.

Because Ethiopia is 8 hours ahead of us, our case will likely be heard between midnight and 8 am on Tuesday morning, so by the time we get up on Tuesday it will be done (though I expect I'll be up praying during the night). We would love your prayers tomorrow (Monday), and hopefully we'll know the outcome sometime on Tuesday. We'll let you know.


  1. Hoping to hear good news! So exciting!!!!

  2. Praying, praying, very hard!

  3. When we aren't praying, our kids remind us to! They truly are excited to play with their new buddies!